SentientGeeks Software & Consultancy Pvt Ltd and any other directly controlled entities as may exist from time to time and their web presence via the domains sentientgeeks.com and any other domains created from time to time, hereinafter referred to as ‘SentientGeeks,’ ‘we,’ ‘us’ or ‘our’ is committed to respecting your privacy and choices. The statement highlights our privacy practices regarding Personal Information that we collect and store through this website. For the Personal Information you provide while interacting with us on our website (this “Site”) and participating in our events and campaigns.
I. Collection of Personal Data and its Processing
I.1 Personal Information that we process
For the purposes of this privacy notice, ‘Personal Information is any data that relates to an individual who may be identified from that data or from a combination of a set of data and other information which is in possession of SentientGeeks.
You may browse our website without providing personal information about yourself. However, we collect certain information such as:
- Personal Data that you provide via our website, including information you provide through forms on this Site, e.g., name, email address, designation, and company;
- Information about your computer and your visits to and use of this Site, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, demographics, your computer’s operating system, and browser type and information collected via cookies;
I.2 Use of your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To improve site maintenance, troubleshooting, and usability;
- To understand which areas of our website are being viewed and how frequently;
- To offer access to appealing content by your preferences;
- To handle job applications (more information on which can be found on appropriate portals of this website);
- To provide information and services as requested by you;
- To evaluate customer inquiries, needs, and requests for goods and services;
- To carry out client interaction, service, billing, and administration;
- To carry out data analysis
- To promote goods and services based on legitimate business interests as defined by applicable law;
- To conduct marketing or promotional activities; to raise brand awareness; to deliver better services and increase demand;
I.3 Legal basis for processing Personal Data
We process your Personal Data when it is in the legitimate interests of SentientGeeks in connection with marketing, sales, and promotion of services that we provide or which are procured using our services and to improve and enhance the range of those services and offerings. We process your Personal Data in the following circumstances :
- Communication - We may use your Personal Data to communicate with you when providing services you have requested or shown interest in, processing transactions, sending newsletters, updates, and promotional materials, asking for your opinion and feedback, and customizing and/or personalizing any communications we may send you.
- Advertising - Using behavioural metrics, geolocation data, demographic information, and marketing preferences we collect, we may use your Personal Data to conduct advertising and market research. We might allow specific outside businesses to assist us in modifying advertising based on user behaviour.
- Activity Tracking - We may use your personal information to keep track of your online activity on our digital platforms to personalize and enhance your experience. This can be done either for profiling purposes to enable us to understand and respect your preferences or for individualizing and/or tailoring any marketing communications you may consent to receive from us.
- Optimization- We may use your Personal Data to operate, improve and maintain this Site to prevent fraud and abuse.
- Data Sharing - We might use and divulge your Personal Data to third parties with whom we have commercial agreements. For instance, to handle claims, we might put you in touch with our impanelled broker or repairer.
II. Disclosure of Personal Data, Data Recipients, and Transfer:
SentientGeeks does not share your Personal Data with third parties for marketing purposes without seeking your prior permission.
We share your Personal Data within:
- Business partners;
- Service vendors;
- Authorized third-party agents; or
The following applies only where the data controller processing your Personal Data is domiciled in the European Economic Area (“EEA”):
We transfer Personal Data from countries outside the EEA to third parties, including countries with different data protection standards to those which apply in the EEA. Where service providers process your Personal Data in countries deemed adequate by the European Commission, we rely on the European Commission’s decision to protect your Personal Data.
For transfers to SentientGeeks group companies and service providers outside the EEA, we use standard contractual clauses or rely on controller-processor contracts with the service providers.
IV. Access, correction, the objection of your Personal Data:
Subject to the local legal requirements, you have the right to access, correct, delete or transfer your personal data, including your profile and preferences. You also have the right to object to specific processing and, where we have asked for your consent to process your Personal Data, to withdraw this consent. Where we process your Personal Data because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have a right to object to this. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your Personal Data. Specifically, in certain circumstances, you have the following personal data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the personal information we have on you.
- The right to be forgotten. Where no overriding legal basis or legitimate reason continues to exist for processing personal data, you may request that we delete the personal data. This includes personal data that may have been unlawfully processed. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure erasure.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data, including where the processing involves automated decision-making.
- The right of restriction. You can also ask us to delete or restrict how we use your personal information, but this right is determined by applicable law and may impact your access to some of our services.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time when we rely on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You can assert your rights in the corresponding sections by contacting us at [email protected]
V. Personal Data Security
SentientGeeks intends to protect your Personal Data and maintain its accuracy. We implement reasonable administrative, physical security, and technical controls in order to safeguard your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure.
VI. Personal Data Retention
Personal Data will be retained permanently unless explicitly requested for deletion by the data subject or as per applicable legal requirements at that point in time.
VII. Third Party Websites
SentientGeeks provides links to third-party websites and services. However, SentientGeeks is not responsible for the privacy statements, practices, or the contents of such third-party websites.
VIII. How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices or this privacy notice, please contact us at [email protected].
Alternately you can write to us at:
SentientGeeks Software & Consultancy Pvt Ltd.
906, Webel IT Park, Tower I, BN 4, Sector V, Bidhannagar, Kolkata, West Bengal 700091
State: West Bengal
IX. Updates made to this Privacy Notice
SentientGeeks may change the data privacy practices and update this privacy statement as and when the need arises, and the same will be made available on the website.